On the rocks alert:Paul Anka divorcing his gigantic Swedish child bride


Publication: Globe
Date: 22 Feb. 2010

Readers of my other blog will recognize the label gigantic child bride. This refers to men who marry women who are both much younger and much taller than they are. From what I can tell, Paul Anka's wife, former beauty queen Anna Ã…berg, might be slightly taller than he is, he's 68 and she's 38, so let's put them on the list quickly before we remove them.

Paul and Anna married in 2008. They have one child, though both of them have acted like children several times. He called the cops on her in 2008 when she threw an ice cube at him. He says he never pulled a gun on her, she says otherwise.

You know, that kind of marriage.

I have never seen Paul Anka sing live and I have no intention of ever doing so, but if he sang a song called You Hit Me with an Ice Cube instead of You're Having My Baby, who knows? I might check out one of his shows.